Altus finally revealing a release date for their new game “Persona 5”, on the PlayStation blog post. As far as we know, the game is only set to release on the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Atlus also confirmed that there will be a “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition only available on the PS4. The box will cost $89.99, and it contain:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
- 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
The Persona series, also known as Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, is considered to be one of the most compelling Japanese role-playing game ever to exist. Persona ultimately began as a spin-off game to Shin Megami Tensei franchise. It begged the question, what if we made our core game based on high school environments, students, and high school life in general. In every Persona game the protagonist is usually silent, further emerging you to the gameplay of choices. The series follows the human mind and psychology of the characters around, to help discover your true selves. Many of the in-game concepts and design elements, can be found in studies of Jungian psychology and archetypes, along with multiple world mythologies and popular literature.